First-Year Studies offers a number of courses and programs for first-year students including FYS 100, FYS 101, FYS 129, academic alert and the Volunteer Bridge program.
Feel free to navigate through the website to learn more about our programs and courses. If you have any questions, send us an e-mail.
Mission – To work in partnership with students, staff, and faculty to accomplish more successful transitions for all students.
We believe the key to student persistence and success is supporting students through the many transitions they encounter during their UT experience.
- Empathy – Our work responds to the lived student experience.
- Authenticity – Our work requires deep internal scrutiny through data and dialogue.
- Collaboration – Our work depends on cooperation between multiple departments.
- Inclusion – Our work includes all students and impacts beyond the first year.
- Drive – Our work challenges everyone to reach for more.