Expectations of a Peer Mentor
- Attend FYS 101 Conference
- Attend 2018 Peer Mentor Welcome Event
- Attend all 401 courses (for new Peer Mentors)
- Attend all fall FYS 101 classes
- Serve as a role model and mentor to your FYS 101 students
- Assist your FYS 101 instructor with the FYS 101 course
- Communicate with FYS Staff and Peer Mentor Coordinators
- Successfully complete FYS 402
- Help recruit and select new Peer Mentors
- You cannot save the application and come back to it. You must fill it out in one sitting.
- You must have one UT reference (no undergraduate students may serve as a reference). The reference will not receive an email until you submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have never served as a Peer Mentor before, you must complete FYS 401. This is a 1-credit hour course that you will take in the second session of Spring 2018. If you plan on being a Peer Mentor, save 1-credit hour in your Spring 2018 schedule.
If you have questions or concerns, please email Meagan West at firstname.lastname@example.org.