Child and Family Studies
Tellico Plains, TN
What are you most looking forward to about being a Peer Mentor?
I'm looking forward to being able to become a part of my student lives, watch them grow, and help them in their transition of becoming a University of Tennessee Volunteer.
How to survive your first year at UTK?
- Do not use all of your dining dollars at Chick-fil-A or Starbucks, set a budget so you can make them last.
- Check the weather before class. Do not forget to take an umbrella wherever you go. Remember, this is Tennessee. (You'll thank me later)
- Talk to strangers, make friends, get involved. You won't be sorry you did when you need someone to help you procrastinate on finishing your assignments. (But do not wait until last minute to finish, you will regret it)
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. We've all been there, and would be happy to share our opinion, knowledge, or listen.
- Ride the T! It will save your life, a few times. From rain to late nights, the bus drivers will become your best friends. (Download the App, I'm telling y'all it was best decision I have ever made).