Assistant Director, FYS 101 and Peer Mentors
Meagan is from Louisville, Kentucky. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and a Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration, both from the University of Louisville.
“Throughout my undergraduate career at the University of Louisville, I found a love for working with first year students as a member of the Student Orientation Staff and Peer Advisor program. Being able to make a difference is an individual’s life is what keeps me motivated!”
Meagan brings ten years of experience in higher education and is joining us from the University of Louisville. There she served as an Academic Counselor Senior in the College of Arts and Sciences with responsibilities for exploratory academic advising and directing the peer advisor program. She has served for several years as an instructor for their orientation and career decision making seminars.
Meagan has maintained professional affiliation with NACADA and KACADA (Kentucky) throughout her professional career. She has also served in various advisory capacities to her sorority, Sigma Kappa, and the greater Greek community.
Meagan serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the FYS 101, Transfer 101, and Peer Mentor programs.
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you might look back and realize they were the big things"...Abraham Lincoln
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more & become more, you are a leader." -John Quincy Adams
Appreciative Advising Course, Florida Atlantic University, Summer 2016
Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration, University of Louisville, 2012
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, University of Louisville, 2004
University of Quebec at Chicoutimi, French Summer Abroad Program, 2001
NODA: The Association for Orientation, Transition, and Retention, member
- Region VI Conference: SROW hosted by the University of Louisville 2010
- Conference volunteer
- SROW skit competition judge
NACADA: The Global Community For Academic Advising, member
- KACADA State Conference 2009, Louisville, KY - Planning committee member
- #IThinkICan: Developing a Dynamic Peer Mentor Team through Recruitment & Training, NACADA Regional Conference 2016, Chattanooga, TN – Presenter
Awards and Recognitions
- University of Tennessee, Division of Student Life “Friend of the Division” Award Nominee 2017
- Advanced-Coaching Certification, National Tutoring Association 2016
- Provosts Advisor of the Year Nominee 2014, University of Louisville
- Alumna Volunteer Achievement Award, Sigma Kappa Sorority, Alpha Theta Chapter 2013
- Advisor of the Month May 2012, University of Louisville, College of Arts and Sciences
- Soccer Guest Faculty Coach 2010, University of Louisville
- University of Louisville, Delphi Favorite Faculty Nominee 2014 & 2009
- Strengths Quest Facilitator Certification 2009
- University of Louisville, REACH Favorite Faculty Recipient 2008